A Working Holiday is just that, work and a holiday.
Mildura in north west Victoria is a great place to visit even if you are not here to work, or if you have a few days off and want to see more than just your workplace and the pub.
- Mildura is well known for great food, wine, festivals and its cultural mix.
- Enjoy the Country Music Festival, The Arts Festival, the Jazz, Food and Wine Festival or Willowfest.
- Try to drink from Australia's biggest goon box at nearby Buronga, recommended in TNT Magazine.
- Relax on, in or by the Murray River. Swim, laze on the best beach in the outback at Apex Park, fish for perch and Murray cod, water-ski, wakeboard or chill under a tree and watch the river slip by. Spend a morning or afternoon aboard a paddle steamer of if you are more energetic, take a kayak tour and explore Kings Billabong.
- Hire a houseboat for the weekend and spend a few lazy days away from the hustle and bustle of the world.
- Try camping along the river banks or further afield at Lake Victoria.
- Take a glider flight with the Sunraysia Gliding Club and see the surrounding area from the silence of a glider.
- Go to the local horse races or trots and have a bet. Dress up for Country Racing's Mildura Cup Carnival.
- Hire bicycles and follow the tracks alongside the Murray River.
- Go stargazing ... you will never believe there are so many stars.
- Watch dirt bike racing, drag racing and other motor sport events.
- Visit the Art Vault and the Mildura Arts Centre, along with other galleries in the area.
- Go tenpin bowling, race go-karts, play live action laser games or smash golf balls at the driving range.
- Take a tour to the stunning landscapes and ancient history of World Heritage Listed Mungo National Park, voted by Lonely Planet the 3rd best National Park in the world.
- Watch a sunset at the Perry Sandhills and visit the villages of Wentworth or Merbein. See the junction of the Darling and Murray Rivers.
- Take a couple of days away from Mildura to visit Broken Hill.